- Posted by Shelly on December 17, 2015
"Overleaf represents freedom of creation, sharing, and novelty." – Maria Luiza Linhares Dantas
Maria recently completed her Masters degree in Astrophysics at the University of Sao Paulo, and we're delighted to welcome her as a new Overleaf Advisor!
In this short interview she explains why she applied to be an Advisor and how she's been using Overleaf in her recent work.
- Posted by John on December 15, 2015
Note: As of December 2023, IEEE is no longer providing access to Overleaf premium features for Collabratec users newly linking their accounts to Overleaf. You can still link your IEEE Collabratec account to your Overleaf account, but this won’t grant access to Overleaf’s premium features.
Earlier this year we announced a new collaboration with the IEEE to integrate Overleaf into the IEEE Collabratec™ platform.
Here's our short guide to help you get started, where we cover how to:
- Get set up by linking your Overleaf and Collabratec accounts
- Save existing Overleaf documents into your Collabratec library
- Open your Collabratec LaTeX projects directly in Overleaf for editing online
- Make changes and keep documents and metadata in-sync across both platforms
- Create new research papers using the IEEE LaTeX templates with your metadata pre-filled in on Overleaf
- Posted by Shelly on December 2, 2015
Congratulations and thanks to Dr. Arindam Basu and the Research Committee of the College of Education, Health, and Human Development CoEHHD for organizing an interactive Overleaf overview presentation at the University of Canterbury at Christchurch in New Zealand.
As a champion of collaborative research, Arin’s aim for this workshop was to introduce and encourage the use of Overleaf as a collaborative writing tool among students and academic faculty members. In addition, Arin is creating some basic tutorials that will be available soon in Overleaf’s help section of the website. We value Arin’s continued use, support, and promotion of Overleaf.
As a result, Overleaf is delighted to name Arin Basu as Advisor of the Month for November, 2015. Thank you Arin!
- Posted by John on November 27, 2015
The latest TeX Live 2015 is now running on Overleaf, and it brings many updated and new packages! Yay!
- Posted by Shelly on November 26, 2015
Earlier this month we spoke with Shri (Srinidhi Bheesette) who works in the MARS bio-imaging group at the University of Otago. His research group is using Overleaf for collaborative group work to support longer-term knowledge transfer, and in our short interview we find out more about the benefits a cloud-based collaboration platform brings to his group.